- Wed, February 06 2013 - 1:36 pm
The Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership develops students into well-rounded agricultural professionals.
Whether wanting to pursue a career as an agricultural education teacher, magazine editor, public relations specialist, sales and marketing associate, extension educator; the Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership can help students achieve their goals.
Students are provided one-on-one advising from faculty to discuss class schedules, internships and career possibilities. Advisers are committed to assisting students achieve their career objectives and professional aspirations.
Faculty and students from the OSU Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership Department recently attended the annual meeting and research conference of the Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education (AIAEE) in Ft. Worth, Texas.
The OSU student and faculty attendees included Adam Cobb, M. Craig Edwards, Assoumane Maiga, Joshua Ringer, J. Shane Robinson, Chris Thomas and Nadia Thomas.
OSU faculty and students co-authored two paper presentations and seven research and innovative poster presentations. AIAEE members from 29 countries made the 63 paper and 39 poster presentations at the conference.
At the event, a poster titled “Putting Research to Work: Developing a Curriculum Framework for University Students Studying Agricultural Communications in Mali,” which was co-authored by Assoumane Maiga, D. Dwayne Cartmell II, M. Craig Edwards, and J. Shane Robinson, tied for first runner-up outstanding poster recognition in the graduate student category.
Faculty and students from the OSU Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership recently received several honors and awards at the annual national meeting and research conference for the American Association for Agricultural Education (AAAE) in Columbus, Ohio.
Awards and recognitions included:
· Distinguished Agricultural Educator (career achievement award): Dr. Craig Edwards.
· Outstanding Early Career Award (recognition for achievement during first 7 years of career): Dr. Shane Robinson.
· The Outstanding Manuscript for the Journal of Agricultural Education: “Aligning Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory with a Comprehensive Agricultural Education Model,” Dr. Marshall Baker, Dr. Shane Robinson, and Dr. David A. Kolb.
· First Runner-up, The Outstanding Manuscript for the Journal of Agricultural Education: “Entry–level Technical Skills that Teachers Expected Students to Learn through Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAEs): A Modified Delphi Study,” Dr. Jon W. Ramsey & Dr. Craig Edwards.
· Kahler Outstanding Dissertation Award: Dr. Marshall Baker.
· Distinguished Research Paper (only five papers recognized): Assessing the Effects of Reflection Type and Cognitive Style on Students’ Content Knowledge. Dr. Joey Blackburn, Amanda Kacal, Ashley S. Whiddon, Dr. Shane Robinson.
· OSU faculty and/or students co-authored eight papers accepted for presentation (48% acceptance rate with a double-blind review process).
OSU representatives at the event included Joey Blackburn, Nick Brown, Amanda Kacal, Jon Ramsey, Shane Robinson, Stephen Tillinghaus and Rob Terry.