Department of Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership
AgEd Student Teacher Information
Oklahoma State University has a rich heritage in developing excellent agricultural education teachers. Currently, the agricultural education program at OSU is among the nation's leaders in certifying men and women to teach agriculture to high school students.
The program conducts student teaching blocks during the fall and spring semesters each year. The block consists of four weeks of coursework on campus followed by twelve weeks of student teaching field experience in an approved student teaching center.
While on campus, student teachers take two classes. One focuses on teaching methods and the other focuses on technical agriculture. Before they leave campus, the student teachers must develop units of instruction and instructional tools to be used when teaching high school students.
While at the local schools, student teachers are to gain experience in classroom and laboratory instruction, supervising students' agricultural experiences, and advising the student leadership development organization - FFA. Faculty members make two on-site supervisory visits and student teachers return to campus twice during the field experience. For more information about the student teaching program in agricultural education, please contact Dr. Jon Ramsey, Director of Student Teaching, 455 Agriculture Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078, 405-744-4260.
Previous Student Teaching Cohorts
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Cooperating Teacher Manual
- Developing Teaching Objectives
- Lesson Plan Format
- Lesson Plan Guide
- Mock Interview Form
- Motivational Game Examples (link to Dropbox file)
- SAE Home Visit Form
- SMARTBoard Resource Video
- STEM Resources: Biofuels Resource Grid
- Weekly Report Form (updated Spring 2013)
- Observation Instrument (updated Spring 2013)
- Pre-test and post-test scores (updated Spring 2013)
- Requirements for Submission III Leads
- Matt Barton Wholesale Cuts of Beef CTL Lesson Videos (link to Dropbox folder containing four files)
- Interview questions
- Units of Instruction (link to Dropbox folder - updated Spring 2014)
Online Teaching Tools
- Educational Technology
- www.livebinders.com - an online tool for collecting and organizing resources. (Account Required)
- www.prezi.com - an online presentation tool that can be used as an alternative to PowerPoint. (Account Required)
- www.linoit.com - an online forum that utilizes sticky notes to post ideas and communicate with other participants. (Account Required)
- www.savetube.com - an online tool that allows the user to save YouTube videos as MP4 files.
- www.myfakewall.com - a creative way to teach students about careers and how agricultural professionals live their everyday lives.
Priority Academic Student Skills (PASS)
Crosswalked with Agricultural Education Curriculum